Friday 11 January 2013

Print outcome - Invitation

For my print outcome I had chosen to do an invitation to the Wall Spring fashion show. As I previously mentioned, the typical style of Wall in terms of the website (www.wall-london.com) and customer newsletter, is quite simple and classic. I came up with a basic idea on Fotofix:


As you can see this is very simple, I used a plain white background layer, and then found a border image online. Using the eraser and the magic wand tool I removed most of the grey areas in and around the frame. I then added a text box and filled it, and then finally placed the logo layer, this logo already had a white background so I used the eraser on the selected layer to remove the white without effecting the black frame underneath.

When creating my final version in Illustrator I wanted to keep it quite classic but add some colour. I started by using grey and white tones but it didn't look effective enough. I then created colour version, I cannot show this image as it includes items from our new spring catalogue. I used a plain white background layer again and added a border using a preset border brush, by expanding the border I was then able to change the fill colour. I then added some text an image as well as of one of the spring models (with decreased opacity) in the background.

I decided that this version was not suitable, I did not think the colours were bold enough. I looked at some other fashion show invitation from Google:




Bot of the above images can be quite simply made using photographs, text and a logo. The first image is quite simple with a decorative border and a large title with the clients name, this again seemed slightly too basic looking. The next image looks very extravagant, it is fitting with the image of the model on the left. I like the style of this invitation, however, I wanted to match the style of the clothing that Wall is showcasing, so I did not want to be quite so bold but add more flair to my final print outcome. I wanted create something more eye catching, and decided that the pastel colours were not bold enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment