Friday 11 January 2013

Nature at Risk

Before creating my final Nature at Risk document in InDesign, I created some test versions using the famous three Adobe softwares,, as well as using Fotofix, which I mentioned in other posts, which is a free online picture editor that uses layers to create an image. For this assessment, we had been given a selection of images to choose from to create a 3 page interactive document in InDesign. Before downloading the Adobe trials, I used Fotofix to create test versions of the layout of the pages of the document. The first test I did was not in keeping with the design criteria as it contained pictures from other sources, however I wanted to create this to see what I could do with Fotofix and how much detail and quality I could get from this software.






















I then created another picture which this time was in line with the assessment criteria. Doing this gave me a basic idea of the design I wanted for the assessment, as you can see in the above image, I used a tree bark as my background layer and then placed a nature image in the centre to give it a border effect. I actually wanted to make the nature image rounded but I could not find the suitable tools to do so in this software.

Once I had downloaded the trials and spent more time using the Adobe products elsewhere, I was able to produce much higher quality images, and I was also able to edit and design them in more detail, as I had plenty more tools to make the most of.

Although I was not able to create the exact image that I was imagining, using Fotofix, certainly helped me in terms of considering the layout and what  images to chose and how they should be arranged on each page. When creating the final version using InDesign etc, I used these images as a basic outline of what I was trying to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment