Friday 11 January 2013

Fashion show trials

In addition to producing the Nature at Risk assessment; as required I also used the Adobe software to create the final outcomes for my portfolio. Again I initially used Fotofix to create a rough idea of what I wanted to produce:

 
Again I used a selection of layers, starting with an image of a catwalk in the background, and then individually adding each model by using the magic want tool to cut them out of their original background. As you can see in the above image, there is not a clean finish around each of the models, white specks can be seen. This could not easily be fixed using this software, whereas when using photoshop you are able to zoom into the pixels of the image and this enables you to edit and fix any white specks or colour discrepancies etc. 

Again, this image was a very helpful guideline for me when creating the final version in photoshop. It gave me a clear idea of how I wanted the layout of the image to be. When actually producing the image on photoshop I stuck to the design in some aspects, but as there are so many more editing options to choose from I was able to add other ideas into the final image, such as replacing the black background of the catwalk with an image of Kensington Roof Gardens, where my event is to be taking place. As my porfolio outcomes are based on a spring fashion show, I wanted to change the colour palette, and felt that the design of the above image was too dark, and needed to have a more fresh and spring like look. This is another reason why I changed the background of the catwalk. Also, the models used in the above image are not actually modelling the spring collection which is included in my portfolio. I was required to inform my boss, the founder of Wall London, that I would like to use images from the spring collection and was given permission to do so, however, I am not allowed to post any of my final images as they all feature clothing from the latest spring collection that has not yet been launched. This image is the final background I chose for my web outcome. 



The colour palette of the clothing  includes light pastels and bright colours, such as blues, greens pinks and oranges; therefore I found this picture went well, and it also has more of a spring time feel to it unlike my trial picture which looks more wintry. This image is not as high quality as others I have found, although, I found that this looked the most natural and impressive when all the other layers had been added, although the images of the models were a very high quality, it created a nice effect and made the models stand out more. Another issue I had with this image was the sky colour. I felt that the sky looked too grey and did not suit the image, and tried various ways in Photoshop to remove and edit the sky. Firstly I found an image of a sky that I liked, and tried my favourite magic wand tool to select the sky without effecting the leaves. this worked fairly well in the centre of the image but around the leaves it left lost of white patches which made the image look untidy. I spent some time zoomed in, trying to edit each pixel, but I was not getting the desired effect. I then decided try to mask the image. I opened my sky image as the background layer and then placed the above image and made a copy (which was then hidden), in the first image I selected all the parts of the image that the original sky could not be seen through (so I avoided the top leaves on either side) using the magnetic selection tool and then cleaned up my selection using the quick selection tool, I then turned this selection into a mask using the mask button at the bottom of the layers panel. I was then able to unhide the copy of the same image and use the blending options to blend to the blue background without damaging the trees or making them look unusual. This technique worked very well and gave me the finish I desired and was very simple to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment